With the pace of fashion going at what seems like an almost never-ending rate, it is nice to sometimes take a look back. We decided what better way to pay homage to fashion’s past than by highlighting some of the most memorable campaigns from the past ten years?
Take a stroll down memory lane with our compilation of twenty fashion advertisements from the last decade featuring some of the industry’s top models.
1. Before Saint Laurent dropped the Yves, its fall 2003 advertisements paid tribute to the brand’s heritage with a seventies glam campaign featuring models Adina Fohlin and Julia Stegner. (Photo by Craig McDean)
2. Mert & Marcus captured Du Juan and Jessica Stam in a glamorous campaign where the models sported matching wigs for Armani’s fall 2008 season.
3. David Sims snapped a cast of several beauties including Lily Donaldson, Hana Soukopova, Raquel Zimmermann, Gemma Ward, Caroline Trentini, Erin Wasson and Iselin Steiro for Balenciaga’s spring 2006 advertisements in monochromatic looks.
4. Natalia Vodianova fronted Calvin Klein for several seasons in the mid-2000s. One stand out is the spring 2004 season photographed by Steven Meisel which featured the Russian model all bronzed and dewy.Burberry Prorsum Spring 2006
5. Burberry Prorsum always celebrates its British heritage in its advertisements, but the brand’s spring 2006 season really took note of its English roots with a gold Union Jack flag. Gemma Ward starred in the campaign photographed by Mario Testino.
When she was just a new face, Kasia Struss starred in the spring 2008 advertisements from Jil Sander lensed by Willy Vanderperre. The images were juxtaposed with still life images of animal fossils.
Kate Moss has appeared in campaigns for what seems like just about every major fashion label, but her run with Roberto Cavalli is quite memorable. Particularly the spring 2006 ads photographed by Mert & Marcus which featured the supermodel as a tanned desert babe in knee high weed socks.
6. Anja Rubik and Julia Stegner evoked feminine glamour for French label Chloe’s spring 2005 campaign lensed by Inez & Vinoodh.
7. Raquel Zimmermann, Caroline Trentini, Jeisa Chiminazzo, Gemma Ward and Snejana Onopka played fashionable milkmaids in the spring 2006 advertisements from Dolce & Gabbana photographed by Steven Meisel.
8. Mariacarla Boscono has served as a Givenchy muse for almost ten years now and has fronted well over a dozen campaigns for the label. We love this campaign from the fall 2005 season featuring the Italian model in a dramatic cape. (Photo by Inez & Vinoodh)
9. Gucci went with a bohemian rock aesthetic for its fall 2008 advertisements set in a dreamy setting of blooming fields. Inez & Vinoodh captured models Eniko Mihalik and Lily Donaldson for the campaign.
10. Who could forget Lanvin’s memorable fall 2011 campaign which featured models Karen Elson and Raquel Zimmermann dancing in their opulent outfits. Make sure to check out the video of the pair dancing too. (Photo by Steven Meisel)
Fashion trends come and go but style icons make their mark on fashion and culture by daring to be different and showing us a diffrent point of view than the normal
Aug 18, 2016 0
Jul 10, 2017 0